Friday 31 August 2012

Diary covers

I have recently appeared in a guest blog on thestringempire.blogspot.com showing my latest diary cover so I thought I should show you some of my previous covers.


The background fabric is dyed, the rose is a transfer print and it is then quilted



 This cover was inspired by onion seed heads. It has a velvet background, appliqued silk, foils, beads and buttons. Much of the 'glitz' has worn off. This is the front ..


... and the back.


Dyed, appliqued and stitched wool blanket - front


... and back. This time with a book mark.


This one had a base of calico and then torn strips of plain, patterned and dyes fabrics. All hand stitched.

I really enjoy making book covers and will show more at a later date (when I have rounded them up and photographed them)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...