Saturday 25 January 2014

Completed travel projects

Before we started our travels I couldn't decide what to take with me to work on. Should I take a quilt and quilt it, complete a crochet blanket or stick with the tried and tested hexagons?

I thought it was time I showed you what I have done.


The hexagons are already cut out, I fold over and tack the edges and then sew them together in strips of ten. These would then be sewn together to make a square which are then sewn together to make a larger piece


Rather than just make a throw as I have done before I decided to quilt the hexagons, here is a detail


Another idea was to make a crochet blanket. The 'granny squares' had already been started and I just had to make lots more.


I decided to edge them all with black before joining them altogether.


The third idea was to handquilt a quilt that I had already put together.


Here it is once it has been quilted ...


... and here is a detail.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...