Tuesday 5 August 2014

Dyeing, printing and quilting - what fun!

Following on from the last blog I thought I would show you some of my experiments with the fabrics I had printed.

First I tried quilting in circles by hand ...


... then I tried a mixture of machine and hand quilting


Here is a detail ...


I then thought I would use some of the fabrics I had dyed earlier in the year (here's a reminder)


Using a mixture of techniques from the workshop and some stencils that I had cut from acetate I created a range of fabrics


I then experimented with free machine quilting on a small piece of fabric


The following piece of fabric is the one I used to clean the rollers and printing plates with before printing. Again I have tried free machine quilting


This is pieced using a variety of dyed and printed fabrics. I just have to decide how to quilt it now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...