Friday 5 December 2014

Small Makes

I have spent the last week making some little things for a Christmas Fair this Saturday. I may add some to my folksy shop (see right) too. If you have visited my blog before you know I love using up even the smallest pieces of fabric.

The brooches are about 5cm tall and are made from scraps of silk, cotton, net and ribbon on a pelmet vilene base. This is then embroidered, backed with felt and sewn with blanket stitch around the edge. Here are a selection:


These are the Christmas Tree brooches


I also made some needlecases which are about 10cm with two internal pages to hold needles and/or pins. Again made from scrap strips of fabric on a calico base they are embellished with stitching, lace and buttons.


This is an equipment roll for the friend I am doing the fair with that I have made using the same sort of technique for the outer fabric. Inside it is quilted with pockets for different pieces of equipment and two pages for needles/pins



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...