Sunday 10 March 2013

Blouses

Quite often I will see fabric that I think would make a lovely blouse. I have now collected several metres but had still not made anything. So over the Christmas break I decided it was time ...

I looked at blouses I already had, some leant to me by a friend and an old pattern. I then set about making my own pattern - I had forgotten how much I loved pattern cutting.

Instead of making a toile (a practice one) out of calico I decided to use one of the fabrics.






I decided the collar was too large, so I modified the pattern and also emphasised the yoke.





I then decided to make one with three quarter length sleeves. I had liked the inclusion of a plain fabric so extended this idea. I could either wear the sleeves down or folded up.





Now all I need is warm enough weather so that I can wear them.







2 comments:

  1. Argh! So cute!! I am filled with envy. Will you make me a shirt pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course - I have a lovely selection of fabrics

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...