Sunday 17 March 2013

Printed Miscellany

Last weekend I felt the urge to cut lino and print fabric. I had been doodling designs influenced by some Indian wood blocks that I have. I cut the lino and then searched out fabric that I had already dyed. Fabrics had been dyed using procion dyes.
To print I used System 3 acrylic paint with the textile printing medium: fluorescent pink (538), ultramarine (123) and emerald (335)


I printed the first design with pink on a strange muted pink fabric ....


 .... and on a blue fabric


I also used the same colour on the second design.




I then overprinted with blue



With this design I offset the second print


Here I used blue and green.

I then spent the week experimenting with different creatures. Some are stuffed with polyester toy stuffing and some with a mixture of wheat and lavender. They need completing with ribbons and tags.







1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...