Tuesday 18 March 2014

Cooking and henna

One day in Jaipur we joined our driver and his wife for the day. First of all they gave me a cooking lesson, then they dressed me in Indian clothes and hennaed my hands. In the evening we went to the cinema.


On the way to the house the driver stopped and bought all the fresh vegetables needed for the meal. The top right photo shows me adding the vegetables for the curry. The bottom left is me kneeling on the floor sieving flour for the chapatis. Making these caused much amusement, especially when I managed to catch one on fire. The bottom right is the finished meal. It was very tasty although a little unnerving to eat as everyone stood around and watched us.



After lots of looking through a book of designs the henna was applied, it was quite difficult to wash it off. The picture on the left shows me ready to go out to the cinema. The henna darkened until it was a dark brown and lasted just over a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...