Monday 5 May 2014

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I recently spent a few days in Buenos Aires - it is a fascinating and very beautiful city. As my internet connection was so slow in the hotel I decided to wait until I got home to post some pictures. I had been sent there to do some training (I know, how amazing is that?) so I worked on the Friday that I arrived but at the weekend ...
On the Saturday we started by going to Cementerio de la Recoleta. It is a huge necropolis that was started in 1822 and is still having people interred in their family tombs. There were streets and streets of over 150 monuments.


Some of the doors and gates were stunning


The door on the left belongs to the tomb that contains Eva Peron


After the cemetery we went to an area called El Caminito. This contains many buildings made of painted zinc



The variety of windows and balconies were stunning


If you've visited my blog before you will have seen some of the yarn bombing or graffiti knitting that my students have done. Here they had graffiti crochet - all the trees had some.


Of course, being Argentina you expect to see dancing and music. We were not disappointed. In the cafe where we stopped for lunch there was Tango, there was dancing and musicians in the streets as we walked around.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...