Tuesday 6 May 2014

Buenos Aires continued

I forgot to mention that we visited a number of museums and art galleries where we saw some fascinating work. There was also lots of art for sale at all the street markets we visited.

It was strange for me to see the trees starting to turn colour as in England it is spring rather than autumn. The streets are wide (one I crossed was 16 lanes wide) with plenty of trees and other greenery.


There are plenty of magnificent buildings, many of which reminded me of Paris or Budapest.




Casa Rosada is where the President works but we were allowed inside to have a look around. The courtyard photos are taken inside an old townhouse in San Telmo.


The shops are colourful and contain an eclectic assortment of goods.


I thought I would share some of the starters and snacks that I had.


 If people weren't dancing or playing they would sit and watch.


Buenos Aires was a lovely place to visit, everyone I met was friendly and helpful, even though my Spanish is poor. I would definitely recommend a visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...