Saturday 14 February 2015

Skydive at Lake Taupo

On Wednesday afternoon I finally managed to jump out of a plane. I was booked for Tuesday morning but it was windy. After waiting hopefully for over two hours the decision was taken to abandon the attempt. I tried again Wednesday morning but it was too cloudy so we went off on a trip down the lake. The first take off for that day was not until about five in the afternoon and I was on it.

Here I am all kitted up and watching the safety video.


This is a view from the plane window as we are climbing to 15000ft.


Here we are sitting in the doorway of the plane waiting to jump - look how high we are.


We are now in free fall ..


... getting lower


Now the parachute has opened at about 5000ft, that was 10000ft in about a minute


Coming in to land, you can see the crew getting ready to help.


It was a fantastic experience, I am really glad I did it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having a fantastic time, I don't know whether you are brave or mad to jump out of a plane but it must have been some experience? Have enjoyed following your journey so far.

    ANGELA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...